Honda Marine 40DK4LHC
Honda Marine 40DK4LHC. Three cylinder, 20″ long shaft, BLAST®, NMEA 2000 compliance, electric start, tiller steering, EFI, gas-assist tilt.
Honda Marine 40DK4LHC
Three cylinder, 20″ long shaft, BLAST®, NMEA 2000 compliance, electric start, tiller steering, EFI, gas-assist tilt.
BF40 is the lightest, most fuel efficient and best charging capacity engine in its class. Perfect for aluminum boats, inflatables, skiffs and flats boats, it gives you exceptional performance thanks to Boosted Low Speed Torque (BLAST®), Multi-Port Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI®) and High Performance, Heavy-Duty Gear Case.
- Honda’s Four-Stroke Engine Design: World-renowned Honda quality, proven reliability with no oil mixing.
- Offset Crankshaft Design: Locates the powerhead directly over transom bracket pivot point for smoother operation of trim and tilt, as well as reducing stress on the transom and steering effort. Also,it reduces vibration and improves performance and handling. It also provides for a very compact design.
- Non-Linear Mounting System: Patented non-linear mounting provides smoother operation at all engine speeds.
- Over-Rev Protection: Standard rev-limiter protects the engine from severe damage caused by over-revving.
- Overheat and Low-Oil-Level Warning Systems: Standard overheat and low-oil warning systems offer peace of mind and protect your investment.
- Fresh Water FlusHPort: Allows easy hook-up of a garden hose to flush debris and salt water out of the engine, extending the life of the outboard (optional Flush Kit required).
- Sacrificial Anodes: The BF40 has 1 internal and 2 external sacrificial anodes to protect all metal components from corrosion.
- Three-Year Warranty: The best outboards in the industry are backed by the best warranty in the business, 3 years parts and labour.
- Light, Compact Design: Three-cylinder design allows for smooth operation while remaining compact.
- Forward-Mounted Shift Lever (with Tiller Kit): Allows easier shifting, especially when docking or in tight access areas.
- Superior Battery Charging: There’s always plenty of electric power with the 40 HP. Honda’s innovative technology enables this engine to output nearly twice as many charging amps as the competition’s.
- Built-in Pitot Tube: A Pitot tube is designed into the lower gearcase and allows a direct hook-up for your speedometer.
- Standard Gauges, Propeller and Control Box: Tachometer, trim gauges, aluminum propeller and a high-quality, side-mount control box are included with Power Tilt and Trim models.
- Type: 4-Stroke SOHC; 3 Cylinders, 6 Valves
- Displacement: 49.4 cubic in / 808 cc.
- Bore & Stroke: 2.76 x 2.76 in. (70 mm x 70 mm)
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5,000-6,000 RPM
- Propshaft Rated Horsepower: 40 HP @ 5,500 RPM
- Cooling System: Water Cooled
- Fuel Delivery: Programmed Electronic Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
- Recommended Fuel: Unleaded Gas. (Min. Pump Octane 86)
- Ignition System: MicroComputer Programmed
- Starting System: Electric
- Exhaust: Through Prop Hub
- Lubrication: Pressure Lubrication (Trochoid pump)
- Recommended Oil: SAE 5W30 API service classification SJ or later
- Oil Capacity: 1.85 Imp. qt (2.10 L) with oil filter repl.
- Trim Range: -4° to +12°
- Tilt Range: 63°
- Steering Angle: 35°
- Gear Ratio: 2.08:1
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Alternator: 22 amp / 275 watts
- Battery Charging Power: 17 amp
- Gas Assisted Tilt: Standard
- Oil Pressure Alert: Standard
- Over Rev-Limiter: Standard
- Temperature Alert: Standard
- Battery Condition Alert: Standard
- Speedometer Pickup: Standard
- Variable Speed Trolling Kit: Optional
- Overall Width: 14.6 in. / 372 mm
- Transom Height: 21.9 in. / 556 mm
- Propeller Type: 3-blade (Aluminum)
- Propeller Diameter x Pitch: 11-1/4 x 13 in.
- LHC-Type: 220.5 lb. / 100 kg
- Standard Warranty: As a testament to their quality and reliability, all Honda marine engines come with a warranty of 36 months for non-commercial use and 12 months for commercial use.
- Honda Plus Extended Warranty: Honda Plus extended warranty is now available for your marine engine. You can prolong your worry-free pleasure on specified parts and components even further. For more details, please view the Warranty section.