Honda Marine BF20DK3LRTC L-Type, 20 in. Shaft
Honda Marine BF20DK3LRTC L-Type, 20 in. Shaft. Two Cylinder, 20″ Long shaft, Electric Start, Remote Control, Power Tilt. It’s ideal for small fishing boats, sailboats or as a kicker for a larger fishing boat.
Honda Marine BF20DK3LRTC L-Type, 20 in. Shaft
Cylinder, 20″ Long shaft, Electric Start, Remote Control, Power Tilt.
It’s ideal for small fishing boats, sailboats or as a kicker for a larger fishing boat. The BF20DK3LRTC L-Type, with a 20 in. shaft, also has one of the largest displacements in its class, giving you big performance. And with 4-Front Corrosion Protection and Fresh Water Flushport, you get increased reliability and convenience.
Performance and Efficiency
- Honda Four-Stroke Engine Design: The BF20DK3LRTC L-Type’s utilizes a 350 cc, 2-cylinder, in-line, OHC design powerhead. World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability and quiet operation with no gas-oil mixing.
- Pendulum-Motion Vibration Dampening: An exclusive Honda feature, the pendulum-motion mounting system for the powerhead helps absorb the vibration, including longitudinal vibration, which was difficult to reduce successfully by conventional rubber mounts. The pendulum mount does this without the use of a heavy balancer shaft, which also significantly reduces overall weight.
- Increased Reverse Thrust: When reversing, the exhaust gases are diverted through additional exhaust relief ports above the cavitation plate, allowing the propeller to back up into clean, bubble-free water, thereby increasing reverse thrust.
- Remote-Control: Fully-remote-control BF20 models are available. Complete with control box and steering tube for clean installations.
Reliability and Durability
- Complete Engine-Management System: Electronically controlled monitoring system protects the engine components from over-revving, low engine-oil pressure and overheating.
- Regulated Charging System: A high-quality regulator/rectifier is standard on all models to prevent overcharging the battery.
- Fresh Water Flushport: Allows easy hook-up to fresh water supply to flush debris and salt water out of the engine, extending the life of the outboard (optional Flush Kit required).
- Shallow-Water Drive: Allows you to run in shallow water with the engine raised to reduce the risk of damage to the lower gearcase.
- Ultra Low 3-Star CARB Emissions: Environmentally conscious technology. All Honda Marine engines exceed the highest CARB 3-Star rating to meet the rigorous California Air Resource Board’s standards.
- Three-Year Warranty: The best outboards are backed by the best warranty, 3 years parts and labour.
Convenience and Ease of Use
- Auto-Choke System: An automatically controlled start-up fuel-enrichment system ensures optimum air-fuel ratio to the engine, eliminating the chores of choke operation and greatly simplifying engine start-up.
- Lightweight, Rounded Design: Easy to transport, at only 50.0 kg / 110 lbs., and ideal for 12-16 ft. fishing boats, inflatables and pontoon boats especially. Also, Rounded ergonomics won’t catch fishing lines as easily.
- High-Output Charging System: Fitted with a high-output charging system that will deliver an amazing 12 amps at only 3,000 rpm to keep your electronics working and batteries charged.
- Forward-Mounted Shift Lever: Allows more control and comfort in shifting.
- Quick-Twist Throttle Friction Adjuster: A simple twist of the throttle friction collar located right at the throttle grip allows you to adjust the throttle tension up or down, minimizing driver fatigue.
- Front-Mounted Steering-Friction Adjuster: A new quick-adjust lever design located just above the transom bracket allows for precise adjustments at your fingertips.
- Integrated Carrying Handle: A convenient, foldaway carry handle is situated at the exact horizontal balance point of the engine so that the engine carries more easily in a level position.
- Power Tilt: An electrically powered hydraulic lift system to raise and lower the motor in and out of the water at the touch of a button, either at the motor or from a remote location. Some optional parts may be required.
- Standard Fuel Tank, Hose and Propeller: A 12-litre fuel tank, fuel hose and aluminum propeller are included as standard equipment.
- Type: 4-Stroke SOHC; 2 Cylinders / 4 Valves
- Displacement: 21.4 cubic in. (350 cc)
- Bore & Stroke: 2.32 x 2.52 in. (59 mm x 64 mm)
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5,000-6,000 RPM
- Propshaft Rated Horsepower: 20 HP @ 5,500 RPM
- Cooling System: Water Cooled
- Fuel Delivery: 1 Carburetor
- Recommended Fuel: Unleaded Gas. (Min. Pump Octane 86)
- Ignition System: PGM-IG
- Starting System: Recoil
- Exhaust: Under Water, above propeller
- Lubrication: Forced Lubrication (Trochoid pump)
- Recommended Oil: SAE 10W30 API service classification SJ or later
- Oil Capacity: 1.30 L (1.14 Imp. qt) with oil filter repl.
- Trim Range: 4-Stage 8 deg.-12 deg.-16 deg.-20 deg.
- Tilt Range: 72 deg.
- Gear Ratio: 2.08:1
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Alternator): 12 amp / 152 watts
- Power Tilt: Standard
- Oil Pressure Alert: Standard
- Over Rev-Limiter: Standard
- Temperature Alert: Standard
- Overall Width: 13.7 in. (350 mm)
- Transom Height: 22.2 in. (563 mm)
- Propeller Type: 4-Blade (Aluminum)
- Propeller Diameter x Pitch: 9-1/4 x 10 in. (235 mm x 254 mm)
- LRTC-Type: 110 lbs. (50.0 kg)
- Standard Warranty: As a testament to their quality and reliability, all Honda marine engines come with a warranty of 36 months for non-commercial use and 12 months for commercial use.
- Honda Plus Extended Warranty: Honda Plus extended warranty is now available for your marine engine. You can prolong your worry-free pleasure on specified parts and components even further.