Honda Marine BF250DUCRCBF XX-Type, 30 in. Shaft
Honda Marine BF250DUCRCBF XX-Type, 30 in. Shaft. Six Cylinder, VTEC, Blast, Lean Burn Control, NMEA 2000 Compliance, 30″ Ultra Long shaft, Electric Start, EFI, Amp+, Power Tilt And Trim, Counter Rotating.
Honda Marine BF250DUCRCBF XX-Type, 30 in. Shaft
Six Cylinder, VTEC, Blast™, Lean Burn Control®, NMEA 2000 Compliance, 30″ Ultra Long shaft, Electric Start, EFI, Amp+, Power Tilt And Trim, Counter Rotating.
We’ve redesigned our flagship BF250D model inside and out, adding features, updates and improvements that make this acclaimed V6 outboard better than ever. From easier maintenance to tougher corrosion resistance, the new BF250DUCRCBF XX-Type, with a 30 in. shaft, takes legendary Honda performance into new waters. Of course, we’ve kept the famous technological advances Honda outboard owners love, many of which are shared with Honda’s renowned automobile engines. The BF250DUCRCBF XX-Type includes VTEC® for explosive mid-range torque, and also features:
• Counter Rotation.
• BLASTTM, for maximum holeshot performance
• Lean Burn Control for remarkable fuel efficiency
• A best-in class, automotive-style 90 amp alternator and our AMP+® electronic control that automatically increases amperage as needed at idle
• Multi-Port Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) consistently delivers the ideal fuel/air mix to the cylinders, for impressive starts, response, performance, and efficiency
• NMEA 2000® Certified, allowing the use of third-party electronic components without the expense of an additional gateway interface
• Honda’s industry-leading True-3, three-year, non-declining warranty
Performance and Efficiency
- BLAST® System: Boosted Low Speed Torque, or BLAST®, improves acceleration at low speeds. A quick movement of the throttle control activates the BLAST® system, advancing the ignition curve aggressively. “Hole Shot” is vastly improved as more horsepower gets the hull up on plane quicker.
- Large Displacement V6: A powerful, compact 24 valve SOHC design, without the bulk and weight of long intake runners and multi-camshafts. The narrow V6 design offers top performance and durability as well as great fuel economy.
- VTEC®: Honda’s Variable Valve Timing & Lift Electronic Control (VTEC®) system provides power where and when you need it. VTEC® gives you a broader, flatter torque curve and smooth power delivery throughout the engine’s operating range. The result is a superior combination of power, torque and fuel economy. VTEC® is the modern replacement for displacement.
- Lean Burn Control®: “Lean Burn Control® increases fuel efficiency by allowing combustion to operate on a leaner air/fuel mixture. At cruising speed, this engine runs on up to 20% less fuel than others in its class.
- Dual Stage Induction: Honda’s unique variable intake system optimizes air flow to match the engine’s speed. The result? Maximized combustion efficiency, increased torque, and superb fuel economy.
- Direct Air Intake System Using Separate Dual Air Circuits: The BF250D has another industry first; separate dual air circuits. The first is used to cool the engine where air is drawn into the front of the engine and circulated around critical engine components. A top mounted cooling fan draws cooling air over the alternator. The second intake circuit directs cool air from the upper intake vents, separates out moisture, and then inducts it into the throttle body. This system provides for cooler, denser air for better combustion as compared to conventional under-cowl induction systems.
- Four-Stroke Design: World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability and superior fuel efficiency, with no oil mixing.
- Large Air Intake Silencer Reduces Noise: The design of the variable air intake system on the Honda BF250D also includes a large air intake silencer that reduces noise. The silencing effect results from a chamber being added to the intake passage, causing sound waves to interfere with one another – effectively quieting noise.
- Advanced ECU predicts the user’s operation: The technologically advanced Electronic Control Unit (ECU) in the Honda BF250D can predict the operator’s shifting operation based on changes in engine speed and throttle position. In order to reduce the shifting load, the ECU actually controls the ignition timing to modify torque when the operator shifts from partial to neutral.
- Oxygen (O2) and Knock Sensors: Oxygen (O2) and knock sensors help determine the correct fuel flow and ignition curve to maximize performance and fuel efficiency.
- Balanced Engine: The 60 deg. V6 fires every 60 deg., offering the best in balance and durability and providing smooth operation throughout the entire rpm range.
- Tuned Dual Exhaust: Some competitor’s exhaust tracks goes through the middle of the oil pan, pre-heating the oil. Honda’s dual exhaust headers wrap around the outside of the oil pan. This reduces heat build-up, and increases engine efficiency and performance.
- Multi-Port Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI®): Programmed Fuel Injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder. The result is easy starts and instant throttle response with superior fuel efficiency.
- Non-Linear Mounting System: Patented non-linear rubber mounts provide smoother operation at all engine speeds.
- Counter Rotation: Improves efficiency, hull manoeuvrability and decreases driver fatigue.
- Extreme Duty Gearcase: The BF250D features an all new high performance gear case designed to withstand the extreme duty cycles of law enforcement and military patrol boats. This combined with a new gear reduction ratio (2.00:1) and large range of propellers (up to 16-inch diameter) provides high levels of all around performance.
Reliability and Durability
- Engine Alert System: The ECM monitors vital engine functions and prevents engine damage by alerting the operator of: Overheating; Water in Fuel; Low Oil Pressure; Battery; Over-Rev; Critical Engine Function
- Saltwater protection: Honda has painted the interior cooling passages on the BF250D. This process prolongs the engine’s life in the harsh saltwater environment.
- Two-Pass Cooling System: The unique cooling system maintains an even temperature on all cylinders. The incoming water passes through each aluminum exhaust manifold, then through the cylinder heads and back around the exhaust manifolds before entering the exhaust. This results in increased cooling efficiency and long-term durability!
- Positive Lubrication: A crankshaft-driven, automotive-style trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components.
- Single Latch Cowl: A single front-mounted latch combines with 4 securing points to ensure a water-tight seal.
- Sealed Starter: The starter motor is inverted into a sealed chamber that protects the starter drive from the elements.
- Four-Front Corrosion Protection: A patented, “Double Sealed” multi-layered paint process. Sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all enhance corrosion protection.
- Fresh Water Flushport: Flushes debris and saltwater out of the engine, extending the life of the outboard.
- Stainless Steel (Steering Arm, Tilt Tube and All Shafts): Stainless steel components provide durability with long-term corrosion resistance.
- Ultra Low 3-Star CARB Emissions: Environmentally conscious technology. All Honda Marine engines exceed the highest CARB 3-Star rating to meet the rigorous California Air Resource Board’s standards.
- True 3-Year Warranty: As a testament to their quality and reliability, all Honda engines come with a three-year, non-declining, non-commercial warranty or a one-year commercial warranty.
Convenience and Ease of Use
- NMEA 2000 Protocols: NMEA 2000 protocols allow engine data to be interfaced with on-board systems and systems displays, such as sonar or GPS.
- High-Output Charging: The BF250D’s charging system features a 90 amp “On Demand” belt-driven alternator with 60 charging amps. This superior design reduces heat build-up and provides outstanding battery charging across the rpm range.
- AMP+ for Additional Charging at Idle: The BF250D has an industry-first feature, AMP+. At idle, when the engine senses a need for additional amperage, AMP+ automatically increases the rpms by 100 to produce an additional 9 amps. This feature helps prevent the draining of critical battery power when using multiple accessories, a concern when you’re fishing miles offshore.
- Slim Profile for Dual Engine Applications: No need for expensive transom modifications! The BF250D’s slim 60 deg. profile allows for mounting of dual engines on an industry standard 66 cm (26 in.) center-to-center distance. Makes repowers easier!
- Spark Plug Maintenance Cover: Assists in ease-of-maintenance of the spark plug. This window provides access to the spark plugs without removing the entire engine cover.
- Built-in Pitot Tube: Built-in pitot tube in the gear case eliminates the need to drill holes in your boat for speedometer installation.
- Type: 4-Stroke, SOHC, VTEC, 60 deg. V6, 24 Valves
- Displacement: 219 cubic in. (3,583 cc)
- Bore & Stroke: 3.50 x 3.78 in. (89 mm x 96 mm)
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5,300 – 6,300 RPM
- Propshaft Rated Horsepower: 250 HP @ 5,800 RPM
- Cooling System: Water Cooled
- Fuel Delivery: Programmed Electronic Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
- Recommended Fuel: Unleaded Gas. (Min. Pump Octane 86)
- Ignition System: MicroComputer Programmed
- Starting System: Electric
- Exhaust: Through Prop Hub
- Lubrication: Pressure Lubrication (Trochoid pump)
- Recommended Oil: Honda 10W30 FC-W™ outboard motor oil
- Oil Capacity: 7.80 L (6.90 Imp. qt) with oil filter repl.
- Trim Range: -4 deg. to +16 deg.
- Tilt Range: 68 deg.
- Steering Angle: 30 deg.
- Gear Ratio: 2 : 1
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Alternator: 90 amp
- Battery Charging Power: 60 amp and AMP+
- Power Trim & Tilt: Standard
- Oil Pressure Alert: Standard
- Over Rev-Limiter: Standard
- Temperature Alert: Standard
- Water in Fuel Alert: Standard
- Transom Height: 30 in. (762 mm)
- UC-Type: 644 lb. (292 kg)
- Standard Warranty: As a testament to their quality and reliability, all Honda marine engines come with a warranty of 36 months for non-commercial use and 12 months for commercial use.
- Honda Plus Extended Warranty: Honda Plus extended warranty is now available for your marine engine. You can prolong your worry-free pleasure on specified parts and components even further.