Honda Marine BF60AK1LHTC L-Type 20 in. Shaft
Honda Marine BF60AK1LHTC L-Type, 20 in. Shaft. Three Cylinder, 20″ Long shaft, Blast, NMEA 2000 Compliance, Electric Start, Tiller Steering, EFI, Power Tilt & Trim, Easy Dock Steering, Variable Speed Control.
Honda Marine BF60AK1LHTC L-Type, 20 in. Shaft
Three Cylinder, 20″ Long shaft, Blast®, NMEA 2000 Compliance, Electric Start, Tiller Steering, EFI, Power Tilt & Trim, Easy Dock Steering®, Variable Speed Control.
Lightweight yet powerful, The BF60AK1LHTC L-Type, with a 20 in. shaft, has proven itself as both a fishing boat engine (aluminum bass) and a recreational outboard (small-centre consoles, inflatables). Enjoy best in class fuel efficiency along with the big performance that comes with BLAST® Technology (Boosted Low Speed Torque). (The BF60AK1LHTC L-Type does not come with a propeller.)
Performance and Efficiency
- Four-Stroke Design: World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability and superior fuel efficiency, with no oil mixing.
- Lightweight: Weighing in at only 114 kg (254 lb)(with propeller mounted), the BF60AK1LHTC L-Type is one of the lightest motors in its class. It’s perfect for inflatables, skifs, and fishing boats.
- Easy Dock Steering®: Easy Dock Steering® on the standard BF60AK1LHTC L-Type offers a full 50 degrees of steering to port and again to starboard. Combine this with the Variable Speed Trolling and fishermen have tremendous control.
- BLAST® System: Boosted Low Speed Torque, or BLAST®, improves acceleration at low speeds. A quick movement of the throttle control activates the BLAST® system, advancing the ignition curve aggressively. “Hole Shot” is vastly improved as more horsepower gets the hull up on plane quicker.
- Lean Burn Control®: Lean Burn Control® increases fuel efficiency by allowing combustion to operate on a leaner air/fuel mixture. At cruising speed, this engine runs on up to 10% less fuel than others in its class.
- Variable Speed Trolling: For fisherman who want to slow troll, Honda’s variable speed control is the right fit. The system adjusts in 50 RPM increments between 750 rpm and 1,000 rpm. Variable speed control is standard on the tiller and remote models.
- Programmed Fuel Injection: Programmed Fuel Injection PGM-FI® delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder. The result is easy starts and instant throttle response with superior fuel efficiency.
- Mikuni® Intake System: The lightweight Mikuni® long tube intake track system helps build low end torque.
Reliability and Durability
- Engine Alert System: The Engine Alert System uses visual, audio and rpm reduction circuits to alert the operator of over-heating, low oil PSI and over-revving. This helps to prevent engine damage.
- Four-Front Corrosion Protection: The Corrosion Protection System is a patented “Double Sealed” multi-layered paint process. Sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, internally painted cooling passages, and a freshwater flushing device, all enhance corrosion protection.
- Corrosion Tolerance: A fresh water flushport flushes debris and saltwater out of the engine. Painted interior cooling passages help extend the life of the outboard.
- Ultra Low 3-Star CARB Emissions: Environmentally conscious technology. All Honda Marine engines exceed the highest CARB 3-Star rating to meet the rigorous California Air Resource Board’s standards.
- Three-Year Warranty: The best outboards in the industry are backed by the best warranty in the business, 3 years parts and labour.
Convenience and Ease of Use
- Superior battery charging: There’s always plenty of electric power with the 60 HP. Honda’s exclusive neodymium magnet flywheel enables these engines to produce nearly twice as many charging amps as some competitors. The high output helps keep battery banks charged all day, even when running multiple accessories. The BF60AK1LHTC L-Type develops a total 27 amps and 22 charging amps.
- Centre Mount Tiller: The ergonomically designed tiller handle is longer for improved handling. Adjustments for throttle and steering friction allow easier control. Up front shift lever, PTT switch, and engine alert lamps provide added convenience.
- Optional Convenience: An optional tilt limit kit keeps the motor from rubbing against the bottom of a pontoon boat’s sun deck.
- Easy Maintenance: Easy access side-mounted oil filter and oil fillers simplify maintenance, while “screw-type” valve adjusters reduce maintenance costs.
- Meets NMEA 2000 Standards: NMEA 2000 protocols allow engine data to be displayed on NMEA 2000 compliant dashboard electronics, like sonar and GPS.
- Standard Fuel Tank, Hose and Propeller: A 25-litre fuel tank (Excluding 60AK1LRTC), fuel hose and aluminum propeller are included as standard equipment.
- Type: 4-Stroke SOHC; 3 Cylinder / 12 Valves
- Displacement: 61.0 cubic in. (998 cc)
- Bore & Stroke: 2.9 x 3.1 in.(73 mm x 79.5 mm )
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5,000-6,000 RPM
- Propshaft Rated Horsepower: 60 HP @ 5,500 RPM
- Cooling System: Water Cooled
- Fuel Delivery: Programmed Electronic Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
- Recommended Fuel: Unleaded Gas. (Min. Pump Octane 86)
- Ignition System: MicroComputer Programmed
- Starting System: Electric
- Exhaust: Through Prop Hub
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Recommended Oil: Honda 10W30 FC-W™ outboard motor oil or SAE 10W30 API service classification SJ or later
- Oil Capacity: 2.40 Imp. qt (2.70 L) with oil filter repl.
- Trim Range: -4 deg. to +16 deg.
- Tilt Range: 60 deg.
- Steering Angle: 50 deg.
- Gear Ratio: 2.07:1
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Alternator: 27 amp
- Battery Charging Power: 22 amp
- Power Trim & Tilt: Standard
- Oil Pressure Alert: Standard
- Over Rev-Limiter: Standard
- Temperature Alert: Standard
- Battery Condition Alert: Standard
- Speedometer Pickup: Standard
- Variable Speed Trolling Kit: Optional
- Rudder Meter Kit: Optional
- Tilt limit Kit: Optional
- Overall Width: 16.4 in. (417 mm)
- Transom Height: 20.5 in. (521 mm)
- LHTC-Type: 254 lbs. (115 kg), With propeller mounted
- Standard Warranty: As a testament to their quality and reliability, all Honda marine engines come with a warranty of 36 months for non-commercial use and 12 months for commercial use.
- Honda Plus Extended Warranty: Honda Plus extended warranty is now available for your marine engine. You can prolong your worry-free pleasure on specified parts and components even further.