Honda Marine BF9.9DK3LRTC L-Type, 20 in. Shaft
Honda Marine BF9.9DK3LRTC L-Type, 20 in. Shaft. Two Cylinder, 20″ Long shaft, Electric Start, Remote Steering, Power Tilt.
Honda Marine BF9.9DK3LRTC L-Type, 20 in. Shaft
Honda Marine BF9.9DK3LRTC Two Cylinder, 20″ Long shaft, Electric Start, Remote Steering, Power Tilt. Incredible torque, performance and versatility. The BF9.9DK3LRTC L-Type, with a 20 in. shaft, gives you plenty of choice for your fishing boat, sailboat or as a kicker for larger fishing boats. And with Electric Start, and Remote steering, you also get loads of convenience and power.
Performance and Efficiency
- Honda Four-Stroke Engine Design: The BF9.9DK3LRTC L-Type utilizes a twin cylinder, in-line, OHC design powerhead. World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability and quiet operation with no gas-oil mixing.
- Pendulum-Motion Vibration Dampening: An exclusive Honda feature, the pendulum-motion mounting system for the powerhead helps absorb the vibration, including longitudinal vibration, which was difficult to reduce successfully by conventional rubber mounts. The pendulum mount does this without the use of a heavy balancer shaft, which also significantly reduces overall weight.
- Increased Reverse Thrust: When reversing, the exhaust gases are diverted through additional exhaust relief ports above the cavitation plate, allowing the propeller to back up into clean, bubble-free water, thereby increasing reverse thrust.
- Remote-Control: The BF9.9DK3LRTC L-Type comes complete with fully-remote control, with box and steering tube for a clean installation.
Reliability and Durability
- PGM-IG Ignition: PGM-IG ignition provides reliable starts and optimum ignition timing enhancing running performance across the entire speed range.
- Complete Engine-Management System: Electronically controlled monitoring system protects the engine components from over-revving, low engine-oil pressure and overheating.
- Regulated Charging System: A high-quality regulator/rectifier is standard on all models to prevent overcharging the battery.
- Fresh Water Flushport: Allows easy hook-up to fresh water supply to flush debris and salt water out of the engine, extending the life of the outboard. (optional Flush Kit required)
- Shallow-Water Drive: Allows you to run in shallow water with the engine raised to reduce the risk of damage to the lower gearcase.
- Ultra Low 3-Star CARB Emissions: Environmentally conscious technology. All Honda Marine engines exceed the highest CARB 3-Star rating to meet the rigorous California Air Resource Board’s standards.
- Three-Year Warranty: The best outboards are backed by the best warranty, 3 years parts and labour.
Convenience and Ease of Use
- Auto-Choke System: An automatically controlled start-up fuel-enrichment system ensures optimum air-fuel ratio to the engine, eliminating the chores of choke operation and greatly simplifying engine start-up.
- Lightweight, Rounded Design: at only 49 kg / 108 lbs., easy to transport, and ideal for 10-12 ft. fishing boats, inflatables or for auxiliary sail and trolling power. Also, the BF9.9DK3LRTC’s rounded ergonomics won’t catch fishing lines as easily.
- High-Output Charging System: All electric-start models are fitted with a high-output charging system that will deliver an amazing 12 amps at only 3,000 rpm to keep your electronics working and batteries charged.
- Forward-Mounted Shift Lever: Allows more control and comfort in shifting.
- Quick-Twist Throttle Friction Adjuster: A simple twist of the throttle friction collar located right at the throttle grip allows you to adjust the throttle tension up or down, minimizing driver fatigue.
- Front-Mounted Steering-Friction Adjuster: A quick-adjust lever design located just above the transom bracket allows for precise adjustments at your fingertips.
- Integrated Carrying Handle: A convenient, foldaway carry handle is situated at the exact horizontal balance point of the engine so that the engine carries more easily in a level position.
- Standard Fuel Tank, Hose and Propeller: A 12-litre fuel tank, fuel hose and aluminum propeller are included as standard equipment.
- Type: 4-Stroke SOHC; 2 Cylinders / 4 Valves
- Displacement: 13.5 cubic in. (222 cc)
- Bore & Stroke: 58 mm x 42 mm (2.28 x 1.65 in.)
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5,000-6,000 RPM
- Propshaft Rated Horsepower: 9.9 HP @ 5,500 RPM
- Cooling System: Water Cooled
- Fuel Delivery: 1 Carburetor
- Recommended Fuel: Unleaded Gas. (Min. Pump Octane 86)
- Ignition System: PGM-IG
- Starting System: Electric/Recoil
- Exhaust: Under Water, above propeller
- Lubrication: Forced Lubrication (Trochoid pump)
- Recommended Oil: SAE 10W30 API service classification SJ or later
- Oil Capacity: 1.30 L (1.14 Imp. qt) with oil filter repl.
- Trim Range: 5-Stage 4 deg. -8 deg. -12 deg. -16 deg. -20 deg.
- Tilt Range: 71 deg.
- Gear Ratio: 2.33:1
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Alternator: 12 amp / 152 watts
- Power Tilt: Standard
- Oil Pressure Alert: Standard
- Over Rev-Limiter: Standard
- Temperature Alert: Standard
- Overall Width: 13.6 in. (345 mm)
- Transom Height: 22.2 in. (563 mm)
- Propeller Type: 4-Blade (Aluminum)
- Propeller Diameter x Pitch: 9-1/4 x 8 in. (235 mm x 203 mm)
- L-Type: 108 lbs. (49 kg)
- Standard Warranty: As a testament to their quality and reliability, all Honda marine engines come with a warranty of 36 months for non-commercial use and 12 months for commercial use.
- Honda Plus Extended Warranty: Honda Plus extended warranty is now available for your marine engine. You can prolong your worry-free pleasure on specified parts and components even further.