Honda Marine BFP60AK1LHTC L-Type 20 in. Shaft
Honda Marine BFP60AK1LHTC L-Type, 20 in. Shaft. Three Cylinder, 20″ Long shaft, Blast, NMEA 2000 Compliance, Electric Start, Tiller Steering, EFI, Power Tilt & Trim, Easy Dock Steering, Variable Speed Control, Power Thrust.
Honda Marine BFP60AK1LHTC L-Type, 20 in. Shaft
Three Cylinder, 20″ Long shaft, Blast, NMEA 2000 Compliance, Electric Start, Tiller Steering, EFI, Power Tilt & Trim, Easy Dock Steering, Variable Speed Control, Power Thrust.
The BFP60AK1LHTC L-Type, Power Thrust with a 20 in. shaft stands alone. Its unique gear case, large propeller capability and Easy Dock Steering® make it perfect for maneuvering large boats, especially pontoons. And with Boosted Low Speed Torque (BLAST®) and best in class fuel economy, you get an engine that’s also powerful and efficient. (The BFP60AK1LHTC L-Type does not come with a propeller.)
Performance and Efficiency
- Power Thrust: A unique gear case and larger propeller makes the Power Thrust BFP60 ideal for manoeuvring large boats, like pontoons, around the marina.
- Four-Stroke Design: World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability and superior fuel efficiency, with no oil mixing.
- Lightweight: Weighing in at only 123 kg (271 lb.) with propeller mounted, the BFP60AK1LHTC L-Type is one of the lightest motors in its class. It’s perfect for inflatables, skifs, and fishing boats.
- Easy Dock Steering®: Easy Dock Steering® takes the anxiety out of maneuvering your pontoon boat around the marina. The BFP60AK1LHTC L-Type has a full 50 degrees of steering to port and again to starboard. Combine the Easy Dock Steering® with the Power Thrust gear case, and you’ve got a remarkably maneuverable outboard.
- BLAST® System: Boosted Low Speed Torque, or BLAST®, improves acceleration at low speeds. A quick movement of the throttle control activates the BLAST® system, advancing the ignition curve aggressively. “Hole Shot” is vastly improved as more horsepower gets the hull up on plane quicker.
- Lean Burn Control®: Lean Burn Control® increases fuel efficiency by allowing combustion to operate on a leaner air/fuel mixture. At cruising speed, this engine runs on up to 10% less fuel than others in its class.
- Variable Speed Trolling: For fisherman who want to slow troll, Honda’s variable speed control is the right fit. The system adjusts in 50 rpm increments between 750 RPM and 1,000 rpm. Variable speed control is standard on the tiller and remote models.
- Programmed Fuel Injection: Programmed Fuel Injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder. The result is easy starts and instant throttle response with superior fuel efficiency.
- Mikuni® Intake System: The lightweight Mikuni® long tube intake track system helps build low end torque.
Reliability and Durability
- Engine Alert System: The Engine Alert System uses visual, audio and RPM reduction circuits to alert the operator of over-heating, low oil PSI and over-revving. This helps to prevent engine damage.
- Four-Front Corrosion Protection: The Corrosion Protection System is a patented “Double Sealed” multi-layered paint process. Sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, internally painted cooling passages, and a freshwater flushing device, all enhance corrosion protection.
- Corrosion Tolerance: A fresh water flushport flushes debris and saltwater out of the engine. Painted interior cooling passages help extend the life of the outboard.
- Ultra Low 3-Star CARB Emissions: Environmentally conscious technology. All Honda Marine engines exceed the highest CARB 3-Star rating to meet the rigorous California Air Resource Board’s standards.
- Three-Year Warranty: The best outboards in the industry are backed by the best warranty in the business, 3 years parts and labour.
Convenience and Ease of Use
- Superior Battery Charging: There’s always plenty of electric power with the 60 HP. Honda’s exclusive neodymium magnet flywheel enables these engines to produce nearly twice as many charging amps as some competitors. The high output helps keep battery banks charged all day, even when running multiple accessories. The standard BFP60 Power Thrust develops a total 27 amps and 22 charging amps.
- Center Mount Tiller: The ergonomically designed tiller handle is longer for improved handling. Adjustments for throttle and steering friction allow easier control. Up front shift lever, PTT switch, and engine alert lamps provide added convenience.
- Optional Conveniences: An optional tilt limit kit keeps the motor from rubbing against the bottom of a pontoon boat’s sun deck. The dash mounted rudder meter kit keeps the captain informed to which direction the engine is pointing.
- Easy Maintenance: Easy access side-mounted oil filter and oil fillers simplify maintenance, while “screw-type” valve adjusters reduce maintenance costs.
- Meets NMEA 2000 Standards: NMEA 2000 protocols allow engine data to be displayed on NMEA 2000 compliant dashboard electronics, like sonar and GPS.
- Standard Fuel Tank, and Hose: A 25-litre fuel tank, and fuel hose are included as standard equipment.
- Type: 4-Stroke SOHC; 3 Cylinder / 12 Valves
- Displacement: 61.0 cubic in. (998 cc)
- Bore & Stroke: 2.9 x 3.1 in. (73 mm x 79.5 mm)
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5,000-6,000 RPM
- Propshaft Rated Horsepower: 60 HP @ 5,500 RPM
- Cooling System: Water Cooled
- Fuel Delivery: Programmed Electronic Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
- Recommended Fuel: Unleaded Gas. (Min. Pump Octane 86)
- Ignition System: MicroComputer Programmed
- Starting System: Electric
- Exhaust: Through Prop Hub
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Recommended Oil: Honda 10W30 FC-W™ outboard motor oil or SAE 10W30 API service classification SJ or later
- Oil Capacity: 2.40 Imp. qt (2.70 L) with oil filter repl.
- Trim Range: -4 deg. to +16 deg.
- Tilt Range: 60 deg.
- Steering Angle: 50 deg.
- Gear Ratio: 2.33:1
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Alternator: 27 amp
- Battery Charging Power: 22 amp
- Power Trim & Tilt: Standard
- Oil Pressure Alert: Standard
- Over Rev-Limiter: Standard
- Temperature Alert: Standard
- Battery Condition Alert: Standard
- Speedometer Pickup: Standard
- Variable Speed Trolling Kit: Standard
- Rudder Meter Kit: Optional
- Tilt limit Kit: Optional
- Overall Width: 16.4 in. (417 mm)
- Transom Height: 20.9 in. (531 mm)
- LHTC-Type: 271 lb. (123 kg), With propeller mounted
- Standard Warranty: As a testament to their quality and reliability, all Honda marine engines come with a warranty of 36 months for non-commercial use and 12 months for commercial use.
- Honda Plus Extended Warranty: Honda Plus extended warranty is now available for your marine engine. You can prolong your worry-free pleasure on specified parts and components even further.